The following required documents are needed for all new and renewal badging appointments. All documents must be unexpired and your legal name must match exactly on both documents. Arriving for your appointment without the proper required documents may require you to forfeit your scheduled appointment time and require you to reschedule your appointment.
Applicants must supply one document from each category.
Category 1: Proof of Citizenship
- S. Passport
- S. Passport Card
- S. Certificate of Naturalization
- Permanent Resident Card
- Foreign Passport with I-551 Stamp or MRIV
- Employment Authorization Card
- I-94 Document: The document must indicate the bearer’s immigration status, the date the status was granted, and when the status expires. The Form I-94 must have a handwritten date and status, and the Form I-94A has a computer-generated date and status.
- Passports of the Federated States of Micronesia and the Republic of the Marshall Islands: Citizens of these countries may present FSM or RMI passports accompanied by a Form I-94 or I-94A.
- Certification of Birth Abroad, issued by the U.S. Department of State (Form FS-545 and DS 1350)
- Birth Certificate: Must be a certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, or municipal authority, must have an official seal. Birth certificate cards will not be accepted. Beginning October 31, 2010, only Puerto Rico birth certificates issued on or after July 1, 2010, are valid.
Category 2: Secondary Photo ID
- Driver’s License (required for driving badge): Issued by any state of the United States, and is acceptable it if contains a photograph and other identifying information, such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
- State Identification: Issued by any state of the United States and is acceptable if it contains a photograph and other identifying information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address