The Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority and the City Councils of Burbank, Glendale, and Pasadena have been engaged since 2011 in a visioning process intended to arrive at a consensus about the Airport's future by 2015. Updates on these meetings and their outcomes will be posted here periodically.
Other important documents pertaining to this discussion, including presentations made at community workshops, can be found here:
- Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority Proposal: July 15, 2015
- Ground Transportation Access Study for Leveraging Connectivity Opportunities Around the Burbank Bob Hope Airport: July 13, 2015 (PDF)
- Letter from Airport Authority President Steve Madison to Burbank City Council Regarding the B-6 Property Tenants: March 10, 2015 (PDF)
- Amended Restated Escrow and Trust Agreement: March 10, 2015 (PDF)
- L.A. Times: What's at Stake in the Replacement Terminal Discussions?: March 3, 2015
- Memo and Burbank City Council Position Paper: February 13, 2015 (PDF)
- DRAFT: Resolution No. 462: Memorializing Commitments to the City of Burbank Regarding the Burbank Bob Hope Airport: February 9, 2015 (PDF)
- Infographic: Why Does the Airport Need a Replacement Terminal?: April 8, 2014 (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Airport Visioning Process: December 7, 2013 (PDF)
- Airport Statement to the Burbank City Council on the Environmental Status of the B-6 Trust Property: January 28, 2014 (PDF)
- Presentation to the Airport Authority on the 14-Gate Replacement Terminal/Opportunity Site EIR Process - Proposed Alternatives for CEQA Analysis: February 3, 2014 (PDF)
- Airport Statement to the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Consultant at the City of Burbank Scoping Session: February 13, 2014 (PDF)
- 2012 Community Outreach Survey and Results
- Preliminary concept for the replacement terminal: September 16, 2013 (PDF)
- Presentation to the Airport Authority on the preliminary concept for the replacement terminal (video)
- Preliminary concepts for the B-6 Opportunity Site: September 26, 2013 (PDF)
- Summary of City-Airport workshops and concept for the replacement terminal: October 7, 2013 (PDF)
- Airport announces size of proposed replacement terminal: October 7, 2013 (PDF)
- Airport Authority Town Hall presentation on the replacement terminal and the potential development on the opportunity site: October 10, 2013 (PDF)
- Presentation to Burbank City Council: October 29, 2013 (PDF)
- Bob Hope Airport reduces amount of planned development on Opportunity Site: December 2, 2013
- Burbank Leader Editorial: A wise decision by the Airport Authority: December 7, 2013
Comments by the community on this process are welcome at this time. To leave a comment, please fill out the information required in the contact form below.
February 13, 2014: Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Scoping Session
On February 13, the City of Burbank held a Scoping Session on the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the proposed replacement terminal and B-6 development projects. The public was invited to provide feedback on the elements they wanted evaluated during the EIR process.
February 3, 2014:
On February 3, the Airport Authority received a report on the status of the Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the proposed replacement terminal and B-6 Opportunity Site. The slide presentation is available here and a video of the presentation is available here.
November 14, 2013: Joint City Council-Airport Authority Meeting
On November 14, the Burbank City Council and the Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority met in a special joint session and voted to approve the basic characteristics of a project encompassing a replacement passenger terminal and nearby land development that will be analyzed in an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) in the coming year. In a separate action, the City Council also engaged a consultant to prepare the EIR, which will cost $1.36 million, to be funded by the Authority.
October 29, 2013: Configuration of Replacement Terminal and Opportunity Site Development
A presentation was made to the Burbank City Council in regards to the configuration of the replacement terminal and the development of the B-6 Opportunity Site. A complete copy of the presentation can be found here (PDF).
October 10, 2013: Airport Authority Town Hall
Burbank Bob Hope Airport hosted a public Airport Authority Town Hall in the Burbank Bob Hope Airport Skyroom to present preliminary concepts for the replacement terminal and the B-6 Opportunity Site. Airport Commissioners and Staff were present and the public was invited to provide feedback. A complete copy of the presentation is available here (PDF).
October 1, 2013: Outcome of Workshops
The City Council of Burbank hosted a town hall to discuss the outcome of the joint public community workshops, which presented preliminary concepts for the replacement terminal and the B-6 Opportunity Site.
September 26, 2013: Opportunity Site Study Session
The City of Burbank and Burbank Bob Hope Airport hosted a joint public community workshop focusing on preliminary concepts for the B-6 Opportunity Site. A complete copy of the presentation is available here (PDF).
September 16, 2013: City-Airport Visioning Process Public Community Workshop
As part of the ongoing program to obtain community input and comments, the Airport hosted a public workshop focusing on the current terminal and the initial vision for a replacement terminal. CBS Los Angeles covered the event here, and a complete copy of the presentation is available here (PDF).
September 10, 2013: City of Burbank City Council Airport Noise Program Study Session
The Burbank City Council held an Airport Noise Program study session on Tuesday, September 10 at 6 PM. You can see a video of the study session here.
July 9, 2013: City Council Workshop
The Burbank City Council held a community workshop July 9 at Burbank City Hall regarding the creation of a community vision for the future of the Airport and the B6 property on Hollywood Way. For more information, visit the City's Airport Area Planning Information page or linkburbank.com. You can see a video of the meeting here.
This City Council workshop also included comments by City Attorney Amy Albano (video) that the Airport Authority will be free to develop the Southwest Quadrant of the Airport after the Development Agreement ends March 15, 2015.
June 27, 2013: Community Workshop
The Burbank Bob Hope Airport and the City of Burbank have embarked on a joint Airport Area Ground Transportation and Land Use Study, and held a community workshop June 27 at the Airport Marriott from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Click here for a look at some of the study exhibits.
Online Questionnaire Results Are Now Available
An independent research firm recently completed an online questionnaire which explored community opinions about several topics related to the future of the Airport. Online questionnaire results are available at http://www.bobhopeairportsurvey.com/.
Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority and Burbank City Council Briefed on Survey Results
On Thursday, March 15, 2012, the Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority and the Burbank City Council held a joint session, during which the members of the Council and the Authority were briefed on the results of an opinion research survey about the future of the Bob Hope Airport. For more information about the joint session, read the corresponding press release. To see the in-depth results of the poll, please see the PowerPoint slides presented to the joint commission. For the complete survey, please see the full agenda for the joint session.